Thursday 15 December 2011

1 holography technology

After the first lecture in this module, the key aspect that stuck in my mind was at different types of holography technology, which was simulated in a video of a girl dancing on stage in Japan. This really got me thinking about the different type of holographic imagery that is available and what the future holds in store for us in the up and coming years. Personally I didn’t think that I had seen very much of this technology, that was until I started researching the different forms of holography. In my mind I imagined them to be holograms that could be projected into thin air to make calls, like in Star Wars episode 1. That was because I didn’t think of the different forms of holograms. But as research went on I found that they are everywhere. I found 3 holographic images in my wallet alone, in my driving licence, and on the back of 2 of my bank cards. Also I found one on the laptop which I typed this up on and did all my research on, which made me feel a bit stupid considering I was looking at it the whole time. 
But what I really wanted to find out is can we have holographic films and phones. What I found out is that it can happen as there are a good few different concept versions out there developed by different companies that show the technology working well, but they all seem a bit too good to be true, here’s a video of one that I found on YouTube. 
So ultimately this a technology which we can expect in the near future, but dates for this type of technologies have not been released. But this is the point where I think the major phone companies would have really hit the pinnacle of mobile development if they could incorporate this information into their designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment